Dem Bois Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the mission of offering charitable economical aid to person(s) of color who identify as female to male, FTM transgender, and or trans-masculine to obtain chest reconstruction surgery, and or genital reassignment surgery in order to help them on their journey to live a more fulfilled physical, mental, and self-authentic life. Dem Bois Inc. exist in order to prevent the overwhelming feelings of dysphoria among trans people of color who have disproportionate access to quality healthcare and or the means to obtain gender-affirming surgeries.
1. Support recipients in taking steps that will ensure their success in transitioning.
2. Support those recipients on their journey to live more fulfilled physical, mental, and self-authentic lives.
3. Support recipients in order to prevent the overwhelming feelings of dysphoria among trans identified people of color.
1. To provide economical aid that will help to alleviate the burden of covering the total amount of surgery for person(s) of color who cannot afford to obtain chest reconstruction surgery, and or genital reassignment surgery.
2. Help to alleviate the feelings of hopelessness, depression, and sometimes suicide.
3. With successful fundraising Dem Bois Inc. wants to provide economical aid for at least three recipients per calendar year.
Every dollar counts! Please donate today to help trans identified POC (people of color) obtain the surgery they need. Donations are tax-deductible. Donations are processed easily and securely via PayPal or your debit/credit card.
*’Top surgery’ procedures come in different variations depending on individual needs. Variations for ‘top surgery’ include but are not limited to: keyhole incision, peri-areolar incision, double incision, and button hole technique incision. The average cost of ‘top surgery’ ranges from $3,500 - $9,000 USD. *’Bottom surgery’ procedures come in different variations also depending on individual needs. Variations for ‘bottom surgery’ include but are not limited to: phalloplasty, free flap phalloplasty, metoidioplasty, urethroplasty, vaginectomy, scrotoplasty, penile implant, and urethral lengthening. The average cost of ‘bottom surgery’ ranges from $3,800 - $21,250 USD. Without medical insurance the average cost of ‘bottom surgery’ could range from $15,000 - $50,000 USD. These prices for ‘top’ and ‘bottom’ surgeries are averages and may not include consultation fees: hidden fees, anesthesiologist fees, facility fees, pathology fees, and other medical test fees. * The use of ‘top’ and ‘bottom’ is used to generalize surgeries that may be performed within these regions of the body. This is not a complete list of procedures or diagnosis. There are many variations within both categories. These different variations depend on individual needs, also with a consultation from a medical professional and or surgeon.
Some men are born, others are made! Donate today to help trans identified POC (people of color) who have disproportionate access to quality healthcare and or the means to obtain gender-affirming surgery.